Trump says he'll 'try and make' son's wedding but it's 'not good timing'

President Donald Trump said his oldest son'supcoming weddingwill be an intimate affair, and as the father of the groom he will try to attend, but it's "not good timing" amid the Iran war.

USA TODAY

Trump seemed to confirmreportsthat his son,Donald Trump Jr., is getting married over the weekend. Asked by a reporter during a May 21 Oval Office event whether he'll attend "Your son's wedding this weekend," the president's response indicated his presence isn't a sure thing.

"He'd like me to go," Trump said of his son. "But it's going to be just a small, private affair and I'm going to try and make it. I'm in the midst, I said: 'You know this is not good timing for me, I have a thing called Iran and other things.'"

"That's one I can't win on," Trump added. "If I do attend, I get killed. If I don't attend I get killed, by the fake news of course I'm talking about."

Trump Jr., 48, announced in December during a White House holiday party that he is engaged to socialiteBettina Anderson, 37. The pair began appearing in public together a year earlier. Anderson had a bridal shower at Mar-a-Lago, the president's Palm Beach estate, last month.

Advertisement

Donald Trump Jr. and Bettina Anderson attend a ceremony held by U.S. President Donald Trump to award posthumously the Medal of Freedom to Charlie Kirk in the Rose Garden at the White House in Washington, D.C., U.S., October 14, 2025.

Page Six reportedthat Trump Jr. and Anderson will be married on a private island in the Bahamas over the weekend. It would be Trump Jr.'s second marriage. He has five kids, includinggolfer Kai Trump, with former model Vanessa Trump. Their marriage ended in 2018.

The president said he has known Anderson "for a long time."

"Hopefully they're going to have a great marriage," he added.

Contributing:Mary Walrath-Holdridge,Kinsey Crowley

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:Donald Trump says he'll 'try and make' son Don Jr.'s wedding

Trump says he'll 'try and make' son's wedding but it's 'not good timing'

President Donald Trump said his oldest son'supcoming weddingwill be an intimate affair, and as the father of the groom he will try ...
Frankie Muniz Reflects on 'Sad Times' During Rollercoaster Year

Frankie Muniz is reflecting on the highs and lows of 2026

People Frankie MunizCredit: Kristina Bumphrey/Variety via Getty

NEED TO KNOW

  • In a post shared to Instagram, the actor said the year has so far been full of "ups and downs"

  • The actor famously played Malcolm in Malcolm in the Middle from 2000 to 2006 and again more recently in the series revival

Frankie Munizis reflecting on a year full of "ups and downs."

In a post shared toInstagram, the 40-year-old actor could be seen in a black and white photo, which he caption, "What a year so far... So many ups and downs, happy and sad times, crazy fun days and super stressful ones too ...I guess I'm truly living, experiencing it all."

Muniz rose to fame as a child star, taking on the role of Malcolm on the hit tv showMalcolm in the Middlefrom 2000 to 2006 and again more recently in the series revival. He also starred in films such asBig Fat Liar(2002) andAgent Cody Banks(2003).

Prior to theMalcolmreboot, Munizstepped away from acting to focus on NASCAR racing.

Over the past year, the actor and driver has had a notable number of ups and downs, as his post suggests.

In August 2025, he suffered a fall at his home (which took place as he was changing the batteries of a Ring camera) and sustained a wrist fracture that caused him to take a seven-week break from racing as he recovered.

Speaking to PEOPLE in aninterview given on his 40th birthdayin December, the actor acknowledged racing is "not a young man's sport," adding, "There's so much that happens in racing that's out of your control and we had a lot of things happen this year that were out of our control, where it felt like it was the universe telling me like, 'Maybe it's not for you.' "

Frankie MunizCredit: Ron Davis/Getty

"The highs of racing are so high, but the lows of racing are really low so I went through a weird period emotionally throughout the season," he added.

Advertisement

But among the highs of the year were Muniz's reprisal of the titular role inMalcolm in the Middle: Life’s Still Unfair, which he told PEOPLE in an earlier interview, "felt like home."

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE'sfree daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Muniz spoke exclusively to PEOPLE at the New York City premiere of the reboot in April, which he attended with his wife Paige Muniz and their son.

"I know it kind of sounds cliché to say, but what you think is important in life, the things that you really focus on, to me, until you have a kid...so many people say that. 'You have no idea.' Even being on set and my son being there, I want to make him proud," he toldPEOPLEat the time.

The PEOPLE Puzzler crossword is here! How quickly can you solve it? Play now!

Muniz married his wife in an official ceremony in 2020, though the couple exchanged vows in a small, private ceremony on Oct. 3, 2019.

They welcomed their son Mauz Mosley Muniz on March 22, 2021, with the baby weighing in at “exactly 7lbs,” according to Paige'sInstagram postannouncing his birth.

Read the original article onPeople

Frankie Muniz Reflects on 'Sad Times' During Rollercoaster Year

Frankie Muniz is reflecting on the highs and lows of 2026 NEED TO KNOW In a post shared to Instagram, the actor sa...
Amy Adams Admits She Stopped Using Instagram Because 'I’m Kind of Boring'

Amy Adams stopped posting to her Instagram account in 2021

People Amy Adams on Feb. 3Credit: Earl Gibson III/Deadline via Getty

NEED TO KNOW

  • In a new S Magazine cover story, the star explained that using social media “didn't feel organic”

  • Adams described herself as “kind of boring” and “routine-driven” with her husband and daughter

Don't expect to seeAmy Adamsback on Instagram anytime soon.

The Oscar-nominated actress, 51, opened up about her career,agingand life these days in herS Magazinecover story, admitting that she has stopped using Instagram. Adams'last poston the platform, a tribute to her husbandDarren Le Gallo, was back in 2021.

“It didn't feel organic,” theCape Fearstar told the outlet. Her reasoning? “I'm kind of boring,” she said.

“I am really routine-driven. I go to the same places,” continued Adams. “I'm already so settled in my ways that I would have to hunt for something to post about outside of work.”

Amy Adams on March 8Credit: Peter White/Getty

Because she broke out in the 2005 movieJunebugat age 31, Adams became a star before an active social media presence was considered an essential part of a Hollywood career. “Coming into the busier, more forward-facing times in my career, I was already into my thirties,” she explained.

Advertisement

Part of that was thanks to Le Gallo, who Adams first met in 2001 when they were enrolled in the same acting class. The two eventually married in 2015 and share a 16-year-old daughter,Aviana Olea Le Gallo. Adams'old Instagram postsoffered occasional glimpses of home life in Los Angeles among the family of three as well as promotingThe RightWay Foundation, a nonprofit supporting foster youth.

Becoming a public figure in her early 30s, said Adams, “I came in with my husband already [and] with my friend group. I just kept living.”

(Left-right:) Amy Adams, Aviana Le Gallo and Darren Le Gallo at the 2024 Toronto International Film FestivalCredit: Emma McIntyre/Getty

Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Following her Golden Globe-nominated turn in 2024'sNightbitch, Adams returns to the big screen in three upcoming films:Taika Waititi'sKlara and the Sun, Kornél Mundruczó'sAt the SeaandShawn Levy'sRyan Gosling-ledStar Wars: Starfighter.

Cape Fear, Apple TV's remake of the 1962 and 1991 movies of the same name starring Adams,Javier BardemandPatrick Wilson, premieres June 5 on Apple TV.

Read the original article onPeople

Amy Adams Admits She Stopped Using Instagram Because 'I’m Kind of Boring'

Amy Adams stopped posting to her Instagram account in 2021 NEED TO KNOW In a new S Magazine cover story, the star...
Danish Palace Shares Update on Queen Margrethe, 86, After Heart Attack and Hospitalization

Queen Margrethe of Denmark has been released from the hospital and has returned to Fredensborg Palace

People Queen Margrethe has been released from the hospital following heart health issuesCredit: Gisela Schober/WireImage

NEED TO KNOW

  • The 86-year-old queen canceled a planned appearance to focus on recovery after recent heart health issues

  • Health concerns contributed to her decision to abdicate in January 2024 after over five decades on the throne

Queen Margretheof Denmark has been released from the hospital after experiencing a heart attack.

“Her Majesty Queen Margrethe has been discharged from Rigshospitalet today and is returning to Fredensborg Palace,” read a Tuesday, May 19,press releasefrom the Royal House.

“Queen Margrethe also wishes to thank you for the many kind thoughts and greetings that have been sent to Her Majesty,” the release continued.

Her hospital release comes afterThe Royal House announcedin astatementon Thursday, May 14, "Queen Margrethe has been admitted to Rigshospitalet this afternoon," adding that the cause was linked to heart health.

"Queen Margrethe will be hospitalized over the weekend for observation and further examinations," the statement said, adding, "Her Majesty is tired but in good spirits. The Royal House will announce when there is news."

Speaking to reporters,Queen Mary,the Australian-born wife of the king, said on Tuesday that she was happy to see her mother-in-law back home.

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark (center) at Amalienborg Castle in Copenhagen on April 16, 2023Credit: MADS CLAUS RASMUSSEN/Ritzau Scanpix/AFP via Getty

“Well, I’ve actuallyjust come from the hospital, and she is doing much better. And fortunately, she is now on her way home to Fredensborg,” the 54-year-old Queen Consort said.

She continued, “Now we are neighbors, so it’s absolutely wonderful. Yes, it’s great."

Advertisement

In the newest statement, The Royal House added that because Queen Margrethe “must remain calm,” her planned appearance at the Pantomime Theatre on Saturday, May 23, has been canceled.

The former monarch renounced her title in January 2024 on the 52nd anniversary of her accession.

The queen, 86, cited health concerns among her reasons for stepping down inthe shocking speech announcing her abdication.

From left: Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, Queen Margrethe of Denmark, Margrethes dog Tilia, King Frederik X of Denmark and Queen Mary of Denmark on April 16, 2026Credit: Martin Sylvest Andersen/Getty

Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

"In February this year, I underwent extensive back surgery. Everything went well, thanks to the competent health personnel, who took care of me," she said at the time.

"Inevitably, the operation gave cause to thoughts about the future – whether now would be an appropriate time to pass on the responsibility to the next generation," she continued. "I have decided that now is the right time."

Following the abdication, she continued to attend public events but was sidelined multiple times last year by hospitalizations after she once fell, and later contracted a cold.

Read the original article onPeople

Danish Palace Shares Update on Queen Margrethe, 86, After Heart Attack and Hospitalization

Queen Margrethe of Denmark has been released from the hospital and has returned to Fredensborg Palace NEED TO KNOW ...

 

MN MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com