No DNA match in database from gloves found during Nancy Guthrie search

A DNA profile recovered from gloves found duringthe investigationinto the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie in Arizona that was submitted to a national database maintained by the FBI didn't come back with any matches, the Pima County Sheriff's Department said Tuesday.

CBS News

The profile was submitted to the database known as CoDIS, or Combined DNA Index System, Tuesday morning, the sheriff's department said. The department said in a statement that there have been no confirmed CoDIS matches in the investigation at this point.

Investigators will be searching commercial genealogy databases with the same DNA profile for a possible match, a federal law enforcement source told CBS News. Those databases are completely different from the CoDIS national database.

Additional DNA evidence that was found at Guthrie's home was also being analyzed, the sheriff's department said. It also noted the DNA from the gloves did not match the DNA found at the property.

The national database maintained by the FBI could have provided a match if the individual had a previous arrest for certain crimes and supplied a DNA sample that put him into the system.

The DNA profile of an unknown male wasrecovered from glovesthat investigators found about 2 miles from Guthrie's home, according to the FBI. The glove appeared to match the ones seen on the suspect in Guthrie's Nestdoorbell camera video.

The gloves were found in a field near a roadside, the FBI said. It was one of 16 gloves found in various areas during the search, but most of them were determined to belong to investigators who had discarded them, the FBI said.

CBS News also learned Tuesday that the FBI is probing gun purchases in the Tucson area.

According to the owner of an area gun store, an agent came in about a week or so ago and showed him several images with faces and names on them. Agents inquired about purchases in the last year. The owner said there were several names and images on the sheets but doesn't remember a specific number of people listed. CBS News agreed not to name the store owner due to privacy concerns.

Earlier Tuesday, the sheriff's department confirmed that investigators are attempting to locate Guthrie's heart pacemaker and are working with the manufacturer and experts in the field.

Advertisement

The Parsons Corporation said in a statement that the company has been assisting with the search for Guthrie. The company said it deployed Bluetooth and Wi-Fi sensors that are intended for search and rescue operations in "challenging environments." The sensors give first responders a heat map that identifies signals in a search area, according to the company.

The sensors were used on Feb. 3 when the sheriff's department was conducting a helicopter search over Guthrie's neighborhood as well as in additional search operations by helicopter, ground vehicles and on foot, the company said.

Law enforcement sources had told CBS News that one of the high-tech tools investigators have deployed in their search is a trackingdevice known as a "signal sniffer"in an effort to detect possible signals from the pacemaker.

Officials said Guthrie's pacemaker app showed a disconnect from her phone at 2:28 a.m. on Feb. 1, the day she was reported missing.

The sheriff's department also said investigators are working with Walmart to identify the individual who purchased the backpack the suspect was carrying in the doorbell camera video.

The FBI identified it as a black, 25-liter Ozark Trail Hiker Pack backpack, and CBS Newsfirst reportedthat it is sold exclusively at Walmart.

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos told CBS News the backpack was "one of the most promising leads" in the case.

Investigators were also canvassing businesses to see if the suspect from the doorbell video appears familiar to anyone, the sheriff's department said.

Investigators reviewing retail sales records for clues in Nancy Guthrie case

Investigators chase critical leads as Nancy Guthrie search enters third week

Oscar-winning actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

No DNA match in database from gloves found during Nancy Guthrie search

A DNA profile recovered from gloves found duringthe investigationinto the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie in Arizona ...
Cardi B Reveals Her Plan to Remove Some of Her Butt Implants After Tour: 'Taking This Ass Out'

Ilya S. Savenok/Getty

People Cardi B. Ilya S. Savenok/Getty

NEED TO KNOW

  • Cardi B revealed her plan to remove part of her butt implants in a video shared after her Los Angeles stop on her Little Miss Drama Tour

  • The "Hello" rapper's cosmetic confession came after Kehlani commented on her backside

  • She previously shared that she got a biopolymer injections at age 21

Cardi Bis looking ahead at her behind.

The "I Like It" rapper, 33, opened up about her future plan to removeher butt implantsafter her Little Miss Drama Tour, which kicked off on Feb. 11 with the opening show at the Acrisure Arena in Palm Desert, Calif.

The cosmetic confession by Cardi B came after Kehlani commented on her backside after the two shared the stage together for a surprise performance of their collab "Safe" during the rapper's Los Angeles sold-out stop on Monday, Feb. 16.

Cardi B performs during opening night of tour. BACKGRID

"You have so much ass!" Kehlani told Cardi in a now-viral video shared by hip-hop radio host Big Boy onInstagram(@bigboysneighborhood), which sees the R&B singer in disbelief playfully tapping the "Hello" artist's behind.

Cardi, without hesitation, shared her future plans with the crowd of hyped-up people that surrounded them backstage.

"After this tour, I'm taking some out," she told Kehlani in their howling, amused circle. "After this tour, I don't wanna hear nobody for three months. I'm going to Colombia, nobody hit me up, nothing. I'm taking this ass out!"

Cardi B's North American tour supports her second album,I Am the Drama, and runs through mid April 2026. It features major stops including Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.

Cardi B in April 2025. Cardi B/Instagram

Cardi B/Instagram

This isn't the first time the mom of four has opened up about her cosmetic procedures. She's undergone several elective surgeries since she shot to fame in 2017 and has never shied away from discussing her experiences under the knife with her fans.

Advertisement

At age 21, Cardi gotbiopolymer injectionsin her butt. The silicone-based fillers are not approved by the FDA and can cause life-threatening complications, a procedure that cost her $800 and was performed in a basement in Queens, N.Y.

"They don't numb your ass with anything," she toldGQin 2018 of the risky procedure. "It was the craziest pain ever. I felt like I was gonna pass out. I felt a little dizzy. And it leaks for, like, five days."

Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Cardi B attends the 67th Grammy Awards in February 2025. Frazer Harrison/Getty

Frazer Harrison/Getty

In August 2022, Cardi had "95%" of her biopolymers removed. She opened up about the process during an Instagram Live that December andoffered her fans some adviceabout plastic surgery.

"All I'm going to say is that if you're young, if you're 19, 20, 21, and sometimes you're too skinny, and you be like 'OMG I don't have enough fat to put in my ass,' so you result to ass shots, DON'T!" she said.

Cardi continued, "When it comes to BBLs, if y'all want advice from me, before you get your BBL done, you have to make sure your blood levels are all right. If a doctor says your blood levels are too low or you have diabetes or whatever, don't do it."

In January 2024, Cardi gotanother round of injections removed.

Read the original article onPeople

Cardi B Reveals Her Plan to Remove Some of Her Butt Implants After Tour: 'Taking This Ass Out'

Ilya S. Savenok/Getty NEED TO KNOW Cardi B revealed her plan to remove part of her butt implants in a video...
Miss J endured stroke, weekslong coma after 'America's Next Top Model'

Miss J Alexander, a staple in the "America's Next Top Model" reality series, has shed light on his health battles post-show.

In the new docuseries"Reality Check: Inside America's Next Top Model,"the fashion giant from the Bronx, New York, shared that he suffered a stroke in December 2022.

"I spent five weeks in a coma. I couldn't walk. I couldn't talk," heshared in the third episode."It was emotional. I cried. I'm not ashamed to say that."

Often introduced on the show by Tyra Banks as "runway diva coach extradonaire," Miss J was known for sharp quips and whipping the contestants into shape, as well as judging their performances throughout the high-stakes competition.

TV personality J. Alexander arrives to the VH1 Big in '06 Awards held at Sony Studios on December 2, 2006 in Culver City, California.

One of the most well-known challenges was in cycle 14, Episode 3, when the women had toavoid being hit by a swinging pendulumas they walked down the runway. He was on the showuntil 2012.

"I miss being queen of the runway. The catwalks, of course," Miss J continued on "Reality Check." "I taught models how to walk, and now I can't walk. Not yet. I'm determined to walk. I'm sure you're going to see me again. I'm sure. It's not over for me yet."

'America's Next Top Model' alum:Jay Manuel reveals current status of Tyra Banks friendship

Miss J reveals whether Tyra Banks visited him in the hospital

(L to R) Nigel Barker, Miss J and Jay Manuel in Reality Check: Inside America's Next Top Model.

In the three-part docuseries, Miss J said that his fellow judges, creative directorJay Manueland photographer Nigel Barker, visited him while he was in the hospital.

"I thought back to how we used to do that show together. I cried because I just missed them so much," he said.

When asked by producers if he had been in touch with Banks and if she came to see him, he responded: "No, not yet. She just sent me a text that she wants to come and visit me."

"Reality Check: Inside America's Next Top Model" is currently streaming on Netflix. It debuted on Feb. 16.

Taylor Ardrey is a news reporter for USA TODAY. You can reach her at tardrey@usatodayco.com.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:Miss J suffered a stroke following 'America's Next Top Model'

Miss J endured stroke, weekslong coma after 'America's Next Top Model'

Miss J Alexander, a staple in the "America's Next Top Model" reality series, has shed light on his hea...
Rhode Island hockey game shooter killed ex-wife, son before self, police say

The shooter who killed his ex-wife and adult son at a youth hockey game in Rhode Island on Monday was subdued by bystanders but drew a second gun and killed themself, police said Tuesday.

NBC Universal Image: US-CRIME-SHOOTING (Joseph Prezioso / AFP - Getty Images)

Robert Dorgan, 56, who police said also went by the first name Roberta and by the last name Esposito, opened fire at the ice rink in Pawtucket as the family's other son was playing in a youth hockey game, Police Chief Tina Goncalves said.

"It was their senior night, and there was no expectations or any indication that there was going to be any type of violence," Goncalves said at a news conference Tuesday.

Dorgan's ex-wife, Rhonda Dorgan, and adult son Aidan Dorgan were killed, Goncalves said.

Rhonda Dorgan died at the scene, and Aidan Dorgan died after he was rushed to a hospital, she said.

Three other people — Rhonda Dorgan's mother and father and a family friend — were shot and wounded and were in critical care Tuesday, Goncalves said.

The shooting happened around 2:30 p.m. Monday at Dennis M. Lynch Arena in Pawtucket, a town north of Providence, officials said.

Video showed panic and players on the benches ducking for cover after shots rang out.

Others at the arena stepped in after the shooting, and at least three bystanders confronted the shooter, Goncalves said.

"At that time, the suspect did reach for a second firearm, and he did inflict a self-inflicted gunshot wound, which is what he succumbed to on scene," she said.

Advertisement

The motive remained under investigation Tuesday, Goncalves said.

The suspect had previously attended their son's hockey games, she said.

Police were conducting search warrants Tuesday, and the police department has several videos from both the livestream of the event and parents who were at the arena and recording their children, Goncalves said.

Goncalves asked anyone with videos or other information to contact police.

"Our hearts go out to the families that were affected, obviously the children on the ice — this was supposed to be a joyous event for them," she said.

Pawtucket Mayor Donald Grebien on Tuesday thanked the bystanders who intervened, saying they "stepped in without hesitation, placing themselves in harm's way to stop that shooter."

"Their courage undoubtedly prevented further loss and injury, and we thank them for that," Grebien said.

The Dorgan family said in a statement Tuesday, "We are all deeply and profoundly affected by the recent events that took place at the Dennis M. Lynch Arena."

"We are reminded that behind every headline is a family experiencing profound pain and loss," the family said. "We care greatly for all families impacted by this recent tragedy and our thoughts are with them."

If you or someone you know is in crisis, call or text 988, or go to988lifeline.orgto reach the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. You can also call the network, previously known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, at800-273-8255or visitSpeakingOfSuicide.com/resources.

Rhode Island hockey game shooter killed ex-wife, son before self, police say

The shooter who killed his ex-wife and adult son at a youth hockey game in Rhode Island on Monday was subdued by bystand...

 

MN MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com